Nearly 109,000 men, women and children are awaiting organ transplants in the United States. More than 10,000 are Texans.
Sadly, there is a lot of misunderstanding about organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation that keeps some people from registering. The resources under the Learn More tab will connect you with the accurate information you need to make an informed decision. You can also choose from among these topics to find more:
- Facts About… – find topics here about Donate Life Texas, our member organizations, diversity and donation and the national organizations involved in the field of donation and transplantation.
- Donation Process – find detailed information about the donation process, the conditions that make donation possible, how and when families are contacted about a loved one potentially becoming a donor and the full range of funeral options available after organ, eye and tissue donation.
- DLT Blog – get news and updates about DLT activities and events.
- Resources & Links – find a menu of topics that will guide you to reliable resources for donor family support, blood, marrow and living donation, whole body donation programs and student curriculum.
- Registration by County – get a look at registration stats in your county and any other in Texas.